Sex Ed Communications & Organizing Internship
Summer 2022. Fully remote position, apply from anywhere in the U.S.
Who We Are
EducateUS: SIECUS In Action is building a movement of voters laser-focused on advancing progressive sex education policy and implementation across the country. We believe that comprehensive public sex education can change the world.
As we are a new and growing organization, this is a great opportunity for an intern who wants to see how all facets of an advocacy organization work. The intern will assist the Executive Director in a variety of key organizational activities, including but not limited to maintaining the social media accounts, supporting our local organizing partners, opposition tracking, supporting our fundraising efforts, and more.
Intern responsibilities or projects might include:
- Developing graphics and copy for social media, working with our volunteer digital “street team” and maintaining Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds
- Assisting our local community organizing and legislative advocacy partners with administrative tasks
- Tracking sex education related news, including tracking our opposition
- Researching candidates for potential endorsement
- Responding to new volunteer inquiries
- Daily access to a dependable computer.
- Able to work from home or offsite
- Able to articulate the importance of comprehensive, inclusive sex education
- Strong organizational, writing and research skills
Other helpful skills:
- Graphic design
- Proficiency with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Canva, Zoom, Slack, Google Drive and/or Outlook
- Community organizing and/or advocacy experience
- Customer service experience
Schedule allowing, intern will be able to attend policy, communications and organizing strategy meetings, as well as coalition meetings with field leaders across the country. Intern will have the opportunity, if desired, to write for the EducateUS blog. We are happy to work with intern and intern’s school to support your opportunity to earn school credit for this internship, if available.
Intern will receive at least one hour per week of one-on-one supervision with Jaclyn Friedman, Founder and Executive Director of EducateUS.
Must be available for 10 hrs/week, during the hours of 9am to 6pm Eastern. Within those parameters, schedule is flexible.
Send resume and cover letter to Jaclyn Friedman by March 15: [email protected]