EducateUS: SIECUS In Action is building a movement of voters laser-focused on advancing progressive sex education policy and implementation across the country. We believe that comprehensive public sex education can change the world.
Sex Ed Communications Internship: Summer 2023.
As we are a new and growing organization, this is a great opportunity for an intern who wants to see how many facets of an advocacy organization work. The intern will assist the Executive Director in a variety of key communications activities, including but not limited to maintaining the social media accounts, news tracking, developing communications assets for organizing and campaign efforts, and more.
Intern responsibilities or projects might include:
- Developing graphics and copy for social media, working with our volunteer digital “street team” and maintaining Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram feeds
- Assisting our local community organizing, candidate and legislative advocacy partners with communications tasks
- Tracking sex education related news, including tracking our opposition
- Responding to new volunteer inquiries
- Daily access to a dependable computer.
- Able to work from home or offsite
- Able to articulate the importance of comprehensive, inclusive sex education
- Strong communications, writing and research skills
Other helpful skills:
- Graphic design
- Proficiency with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Canva, Zoom, Slack, Google Drive and/or Outlook
- Community organizing and/or advocacy experience
- Customer service experience
Schedule allowing, intern will be able to attend communications and strategy meetings, as well as coalition meetings with field leaders and candidates across the country. Intern will have the opportunity, if desired, to write for the EducateUS blog. We are happy to work with intern and intern’s school to support your opportunity to earn school credit for this internship, if available.
Intern will receive at least one hour per week of one-on-one supervision with Jaclyn Friedman, Founder and Executive Director of EducateUS.
Must be available for 10 hrs/week, during the hours of 9am to 6pm Eastern. Within those parameters, schedule is flexible.
Candidates must have a commitment to progressive change, great work ethic, and professionalism.
This position reports to: Executive Director
Location: Fully remote.
Salary: $15/hr for 10hr/week
To apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with “NAME, COMMUNICATIONS INTERN” in the subject. Please make sure all submitted materials clearly state your name. Deadline to apply is March 17, 2023.
EducateUS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equitable hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQIA persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Those whose experiences and perspectives have been traditionally under-represented in the field of sexual health are particularly encouraged to apply.